CINEMA SOLORIENS-FILM PROGRAMS BY JAMES HARRAR

I have been working with the moving image since 1989, which is a small spark in the tradition of cinema. I am happy and fortunate to share a relationship with this special discipline. My films are often meditations on beauty, perception, allegory, sensuality and visual phenomenon. I strive to reacquaint the viewer with the moment of becoming aware of witnessing something - perhaps capture the essence of visual thought that is empty of fixed meaning.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

DAY 1.5-MEETING UP WITH MARSHALL.
Marshall is about 20 min from Newark. I just grabbed me gear-things are brightning up.
Rejoin with Marshall and check-in. I was happy to see him.
The Philly Boys checkin and off we go to the new adventure all bleary eyed and exhaused to what is the magic of tomorrow.
We take off and try to sleep. Me and Marshall talk about music like two boys in the 1950's talked 'bout their fave baseball players stats.
Eat alittle, fake sleep alittle, watch Iron Man, read alittle, nod out again then POW! We are treated to some f*cking serious turbulance-like Marshall said, "It was the kind of turbulance where those sounds under the plane; you're uncertain if that is the ocean!"
No, not kidding, Japan turbualnce! Big frat boy is losing his mind, everyone is wide awake, silence only cut by a nervous laugh and the air of helplessness as this big steel thing is hurling through the sky, skipping along football field size airpockets, propelling you into a unique rollercoaster ride that lasted for about 10 minutes then...easing back to normalcy. No more visualizations of the Captain struggling with pitch control, white knuckled, wrestling to get the plane into submission.
More pretend sleep, this time I wake up a have no idea where I am for a moment, nod out again, then wake and now I am not sure if I am dreaming it, nod out...just weird what exhaustion and stress does, and all of us are going through it.
Then alittle breakfast and happy landing just as I actually, truly fall asleep. Welcome to Brussells. Welcome!
Get into Europe with friendly acknowledgement from Non EU Validation. "Musicians?" He asks. "Jazz?" Ed replies, "Well, yeah, you could say that, this is the rest of the members (introduces me n Marshall)."
"Where are you guys playing?" As I said-Welcome!
We are greeted by Danny from Cultuur Centrum Luchtbal and the driver-nice guys, treat us to coffee and croissants. While the gang are all up at the ordering, I watch the bags.
I am thinking about how the lights went out in the whole terminal in Frankfurt on me and Ed when without fail, the lights go out in the section I am sitting in! I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home