CINEMA SOLORIENS-FILM PROGRAMS BY JAMES HARRAR

I have been working with the moving image since 1989, which is a small spark in the tradition of cinema. I am happy and fortunate to share a relationship with this special discipline. My films are often meditations on beauty, perception, allegory, sensuality and visual phenomenon. I strive to reacquaint the viewer with the moment of becoming aware of witnessing something - perhaps capture the essence of visual thought that is empty of fixed meaning.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

DAY 2-ANTWERPEN
We take on the city strug out like well, strug out musicians.
We take pictures, check out lovely gothic architecture, we rest a loooong time at this fantastic jazz bar.
Like a Rathskeller, lotsa wood beams, unique tables, old wood, great jazz and the exotique. I show Marshall, Dee-doo in full turket mode, trying to say peanut butter with a mouthfull o food-its funny, its why you have em. We are all nodding out and I am hallucinating mildly, the table service transforms into the most facinating still life I had ever seen, music blurs into another, light flickers, conjestion-I talk about bamboo and apple origins in Hermetic America.
Marshall tells me the funniest story he has ever told me...While on a Sun Ra Arkestra tour, years back, he was rooming with one crazy cat. Well you know how much Marshall digs his coffee, well he is low in the funds so he is going to brew up some in this very posh hotel they are staying at, he looks for the coffee pot and this cat has his d*ck in the coffee pot, going "you want the coffee pot (strange sex sounds)?". Marshall wants to kill this crazy nut, now he can't have any coffee after the pot has been sodomized and soiled forever-complains to Sunny to get him out of this room, no go, he was roomies for afew more times with this dude.
We get to check in to the hotel finally-Me and Marshall get to our room, It is not cleaned up at all, so initially when I call down they want us to come down and reassign us a different room-not with all this gear bro, me and marshall are in, we will leave and they send someone up to complete it-done.
We wait, he grabs a smoke and we wait and done
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home